Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Maybelline - Shadow Stylist: Elegant Pearl

This eye shadow is the best I have ever had. I usually branch out and try different brands when I run out of a high rotation colour, but I am on my third one of the same brand, same colour, I do the same tricks with it and if they ever discontinue it, I swear I will cry.






Gold eye shadow is an absolute MUST for brunettes. Especially if you have any brown/gold tones in your eyes. It makes you look more awake, younger and gives you an instant cheeky twinkle.


I first discovered this fine powder in my friend Loz's make-up case. I replicated the way she applied it and have since honed it into what, in my humble opinion, is the instant, eye enhancing look.


The trick is to put two dabs of it on each eye, one dab in the inner corner of your eye, and the other in the centre of your lid, where your pupil is underneath. Then you rub in it so it doesn't look powdery, so it just is a nice, glinting gold. Make sure it catches the light surrounding the inner corner of your eye. Then finally add a little bit under your eye brow. 





I don't have an exact price on this, but I think around $15.00. I have tried so many gold eye shadows; Chanel, MAC, The Make Up Store, Jemma Cosmetics and about a million others and I still swear this one is the very best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment